Steven E. Shrum
Professional Objective & Profile
High-Caliber, experienced Realtor® is seeking a position in helping you with all of your real estate needs. Offering more than 27 years of experience building and leading integrated sales operations for nationally renowned real estate agencies. Strong general management qualifications, with excellent analytical, planning, organizational, research, marketing and negotiation skills.
I want to earn your friendship and become your Realtor for Life.
Summary of Qualifications
Track Record of Success:
Background exemplifies a successful track record of career accomplishments, which includes Selling and Closing over 1,500 homes.
Sales Awards, Honors & Accomplishments:
- 99% of homes that I have listed have sold.
- 99% approval rating from past clients and customers.
- Elected to the Board of Directors for the Sumner Association of Realtors®. (2000-2005)
- Elected First Vice President for the Sumner County Realtors® Association. (2002)
- Elected Vice President of Sumner Association of Realtors®. (2003)
- President of Sumner Association of Realtors®. (2004) - (2018)
- Lifetime Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Sales Club. (Achieved this status during the first 5 years in real estate sales.)
- Remain in the Top 12 (out of 1000) Sales Associates for Crye-Leike, Realtors®, which is the 6th largest real estate company in the nation.
- Realtor of the Year Sumner Association of Realtors for (2006) (2016) Highest Award a Realtor can receive Nation-Wide.
Community Affairs; Military Awards & Honors:
- President of Junior Chamber of Commerce. (2003)
- Tennessee State Championship in Karate, 1993
- Highly Decorated Soldier in State of Tennessee, United States Air National Guard. (1984-1994)
- Two Commendation Medals, United States Air Force
- One Achievement Medal, United States Air Force
- Inducted into the Davidson County Hall of Fame Teachers
Powerful public speaker and motivator with ability to inspire associates to achieve their maximum potential. In-depth background speaking in front of large and small community groups and at sales/motivational meetings.
Strong leader in the community. Active member who participates in numerous community organizations, affairs and clubs including the Chamber of Commerce, Jaycees and Noon Sertoma Club.
United States Air Force & National Guard (1984-1994)
First Sergeant – Personnel Director
Selected (out of 50 staff members) to be Administrative Assistant to a 2-Star General
Professional Sales Experience
RE/MAX Elite, Hendersonville, Tennessee - February 1, 2017 to Present
Keller Williams Realty, Hendersonville, Tennessee – April 1, 2013 to January 31, 2017
Crye-Leike, Realtors®, Hendersonville, Tennessee – 1992 to Mach 31, 2013
- Sales & Account Management: Responsible for sales of residential properties. Solicit and obtain new clientele. Manage new business development and strategic planning to maximize growth and profitability. Personally manage account calls, presentations and negotiations. Maintain 99% referral business from previous customers.
- Client Relations & Services: Consistently establish and maintain an exemplary network of business associates as a result of providing superior service to clients and strong communication skills. Very thorough in providing follow-up and attention to clients to ensure satisfaction, which results in repeat business and referrals.
- Public Relations: Network with numerous community organizations and businesses to strengthen public relations skills and to solicit new business.
- Seminars – Public Speaking: Facilitate numerous seminars and sales meetings to speak about sales, marketing and customer service.
- Marketing Research: Prepare market analysis of homes, research and investigate demographic areas to determine profitability ratios, and implement innovative marketing strategies to solicit and maintain business.
Century 21 Realtors®, Hendersonville, Tennessee – 1989 to 1992
- Sales & Marketing: Responsibilities were the same as those described above, but included selling both residential and commercial real estate properties.
Professional Community Affairs Experience
Community Leader, Hendersonville, Tennessee
- One of 12 people selected by prominent leading officials, businessmen and professionals in Hendersonville, to lead the city into the year 2000 in community service and activities. Responsible for organization and coordinating numerous fund-raising activities, charities and civic clubs.
Knox Doss Junior High School, Hendersonville, Tennessee – 1990 to 2000
- Education: One day a week, volunteer to teach economics to eighth grade students
- Curriculum Development: Align interests and objectives of students within planning and development of curriculum. Educate students in all areas of economics.
- Mediations & Communications: Strong interpersonal skills developed throughout career. Liaison between parents, students and school system. Meet with parents to determine specific needs for individual students, focusing on positive critiques.
Chairman of the Board
Sertoma, Hendersonville, Tennessee
- Track Record of Success: Began as Secretary/Treasurer of this community organization, which comprised of Hendersonville’s leading business professionals. Advanced to Vice President the second year. Served as President-Elect to third year and then elected to President the fourth year. Served as Chairman of the Board the fifth year.
- Honor: Elected as Sertoma of the Year for State of Tennessee – 1994
- Membership Development: Expanded and grew memberships from 50 to 125 during year of Presidency as a result of extensive public relations and interaction with community businesses, organizations and individuals, which still stands as the largest membership in over 30 years.